As a Financial Analyst, [email protected], you will be responsible for driving the monthly financial close process and supporting the monthly forecast. Reporting to the Manager, Finance, [email protected], you will also support annual budget processes as well as sales reporting and ad hoc analysis. In addition, you will:
- Dive into data to derive understandings, drivers, metrics, and other characteristics to provide structure and guidance in stakeholder reporting
- Drive the monthly/close process, ensuring completeness of accruals, providing accurate estimates of JCP financial activity for Accounting entries and monthly reporting of SiJCP’s P&L
- Acquire and maintain an understanding of the strategies, business issues, risks and profitability opportunities
- Partner with key Sephora and JC Penney contacts to produce the annual budget, strategic plan, monthly forecasts and monthly reporting for their areas.
- Run daily sales reports and weekly sales summaries, providing insight into the business as needed
- Support the biannual formal forecast process and the annual budget process with analysis of key p&l line items and system input of all data, ensuring financial statements are accurate and timely
- Partner with the business on ad hoc analysis and decision support as needed.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Dynamic, independent, creative, and highly motivated person who works well as a team member with non-financial personnel and is comfortable working with senior level management
- Clear and concise written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Contributes new ideas and finds solutions to business challenges in operations and finance
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational and task management skills
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions
- Advanced expertise with Excel applications (interactive excel, macros)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years of related business experience, ideally with proven experience in forecasting, budgeting, and monthly close activities
- Experience with SAP preferred and experience with BPC a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A