The primary responsibility of the Shift Coordinator is to work closely with departmental associates to ensure productivity, accuracy, safety, and security standards and expectations are met. This position assigns work tasks to others, monitors progress of work against established standards, operates and maintains various WMS systems, balances inventory and helps manage the flow of communication on and between other shifts.
- Use various in-house computer systems to track and monitor work activities.
- Prioritize and assign work tasks to other associates in order to achieve work goals.
- Communicate daily work goals to team, coordinate against defined action plan.
- Maintain excellent attendance as set by Sephora company policy and set an example for other associates.
- Knowledge of the inter-relatedness of operating activities to the overall functioning of the distribution center.
- Comply with all Company Loss Prevention policies and procedures, including proper work attire.
- Monitor associates’ work performance and provide feedback for improvement.
- Follow all Company, state and OSHA safety rules, policies and regulations to ensure safe working practices, including proper work attire; report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Train associates in their duties as described in the “Preferred Methods and Procedures” manual.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and adhere to the requirement of working any designated shift and overtime as requested per business and operational needs.
- Ability to take instruction and follow through, as well as effectively give instruction to others.
- Must be proactive to business needs.
- Demonstrate flexibility and interest in being cross-trained (and assigned) to other work areas.
- Ability to work with numbers to produce productivity reports and track production metrics.
- Previous experience with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) or previous experience with menu-driven applications, and/or ability to learn system.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback in a professional and respectful manner that sets an example to others.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving.
- Ability to multi-task and manage against competing deadlines.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with others in a way that promotes a team environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic math skills.
- College degree or relevant work experience.
- Consistently achieved minimum established production standards and company service levels.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perryman, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A