The primary duty of the Human Resource Coordinator is to perform a wide variety of human resource activities in various functional areas that may consist of benefits, non-exempt recruitment, employee relations, engagement, safety, workers’ compensation, STD/LTD, FMLA, and unemployment claims. The majority of the tasks are administrative in nature but may be more complex and require a greater depth of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation programs and facilitate sessions as necessary.
- Process all unemployment benefit claim inquiries, compile supporting documentation and attend hearings if necessary.
- Provide answers to basic employee questions for payroll, benefit and time-off
- Process Workers’ Compensation claims, reports and data.
- Process and administer leave of absence requests and disability paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining HRIS according to established processes and procedures in a timely manner.
- Process new hire, status change, and termination documentation.
- Retrieve data from applicable systems and maintain regularly scheduled reports in addition to other requested data management reports in order to support the operations team.
- Post non-exempt job openings, schedule interviews and track internal staffing activity.
- Prepare and maintain employee files.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently; self-motivated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Outlook.
- Possess strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task with limited supervision.
- Ability to develop leadership skills and assist managers when needed to address employee relations situations.
- Possess strong administrative and data management skills.
- Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, or similar combination of education and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perryman, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A