As a Manager of Engineering, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Store Digital Applications, you will work closely with other engineering, design, PMO and product management teams, to both deliver on the roadmap and our plan for the future. In addition, you will:
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Own and evolve the full stack Java technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer.
- Lead and influence a team of 10+ engineers
- Collaborating with 10+ engineers to create and execute the architectural plan.
- Sharing and communicating best practices from your career and creating news ones with the team.
- Partner closely with product, user experience, and upper management, translating the benefits of the team’s work into a language that is understood by all.
Qualification & Experience:
- Deep understanding of the Java and cloud base architecture; prior design and coding experience in Java including microservices, RESTful API, Redis Cache in AWS and/or Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral, verbal and listening) as well as the ability to influence the broader engineering team and understand their points of view
- Experience and a strong opinion about engineering best practive, unit testing, CI/CD
- Strong design and programming skills in full stack Java solution including Spring Boot, and front end design with NodeJS, React, and SQLQuery
- 5+ years leading and managing engineering team
- Experience developing and delivering using Agile methodologies
- Recent experience with cloud architecture such as Microsoft Azure (prefer) or AWS including performance tuning, secure coding, test automation and CI/CD
- Track record of delivering Enterprise grade applications. We’re interested in what you’ve delivered.
- Understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, object-oriented-programming(OOP), frameworks and technologies
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing large scale, full stack Java apps; retail or ecommerce experience is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A