The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day operation of an assigned department within the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on managing numerous operational activities to ensure the production floor is working in a balanced and productive fashion with respect to operational and service goals. The Operations Manager must analyze trends, solve problems and motivate and develop themselves and associates in order to maximize contribution to the DC success – typically manages through several Supervisors to achieve results from a large number of hourly associates. The Operations Manager is responsible for the supervision of other exempt and non-exempt staff within the assigned department, including but not limited to, the oversight of safety and housekeeping/sanitation activities and programs. The Operations manager performs other related duties, special projects, or assignments as required.
- Contribute to policy and program development through consistent administration and execution of policies/guidelines that effect daily work activities.
- Establish, plan and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create, achieve short and long term strategic and tactical plans for the DC guided by broad principles, objectives, and standards
- Use independent judgment to build and promote free flow of information and communication throughout the organization that will encourage change while maintaining operational success.
- Develop preventative measures that analyze quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positivity impact productivity.
- Ensure that direct reports have the support they need to effectively manage their departments through proper coaching and development
- Own and develop plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting performance objectives, while building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company.
- Manage a group of exempt supervisors, full time & seasonal associates and temporary personnel to accomplish established goals.
- Leverage Maintenance, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, Finance, and other key support groups to integrate and align efforts across DC’s and its functions in retail and e-commerce environments.
- Adapt communication techniques for audiences at multiple levels and uses them to decide appropriate approach to solve for issues.
- Possess public speaking skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the production floor to include Receiving, Outbound/Shipping, Dotcom and Inventory Control.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback in a professional and respectful manner that sets the example for others.
- Ability to delegate, develop exempt leaders and lead large teams up to 300 associates or more
- Must be flexible and adaptive to respond to fast paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks against competing priorities.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or ability to quickly develop a proficiency in such systems. Knowledge in “JDA” WMS preferred.
- College degree in a logistics-related field, or five to ten years of relevant / related work experience.
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems and all aspects of warehouse, production and logistics and transportation-related activities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perryman, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A