The Operations Supervisor is accountable for the day-to-day operation of a department within the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on effectively planning work in order to meet established timelines and effective supervision of associates to achieve critical operational goals in the areas of productivity, quality, safety, and housekeeping. This position is responsible for maintaining a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork and for developing positive and productive work relationships.
- Owns, completes, and delivers annual performance evaluations for each associate
- Ensure a safe environment for the team by driving safety strategies, recognition and accountability.
- Responsible for creating and supporting the company’s engagement strategies by observing and coaching employees on proper job-related activities and providing timely feedback on necessary action plans.
- Spends approximately 75% of their time on the operational floor with associates driving engagement, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback.
- Administers policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities which include counseling associates consistently on performance and behavioral concerns.
- Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Sets and clearly communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with leadership to resolve.
- Identify and prioritize those tasks which need to be accomplished in order to meet daily business goals and to successfully prepare the incoming shift for a quick and effective transition and start-up.
- Provides direct supervision to a team of skilled employees, which includes Workflow Coordinators and Associates as well as managing the relationship with the onsite staffing agency in relation to temporary agency employees working in the department(s)
- Demonstrates ability to lead and develop both self and others
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understand computer applications such as MS Office and utilize applications to do analysis and problem solving
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and professional demeanor
- Ability to motivate others and promote collaboration and accountability to meet team goals
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
Qualification & Experience:
- College degree in a logistics related field, or three to five years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or ability to quickly develop a proficiency in such systems. Knowledge in “JDA” WMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perryman, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A