The Inventory Control Supervisor is accountable for the efficient day-to-day operation of the Inventory Control functions of the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on managing numerous operational activities to ensure the production floor is working in a balanced and productive fashion with respect to operational and service goals. The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of non-exempt staff within the inventory control department. The Inventory Control Supervisor performs other related duties, special projects, or assignments as required.
- Ensure that quality and accuracy control audits are conducted regularly.
- Sets and clearly communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- Ensure a safe environment for the team by driving safety strategies, recognition and accountability.
- Effectively manage the allocation of equipment and labor resources to respective departments to ensure service levels and budgets are consistently met.
- Spends approximately 75% of their time on the operational floor with associates driving engagement, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback.
- Provides direct supervision to a team of skilled Inventory Control employees, which includes Workflow Coordinators and Associates as well as managing the relationship with the onsite staffing agency in relation to temporary agency employees working in the department(s)
- Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with leadership to resolve.
- Identify and prioritize those tasks which need to be accomplished in order to meet daily business goals and to successfully prepare the incoming shift for a quick and effective transition and start-up.
- Owns, completes, and delivers annual performance evaluations for each associate
- Administers policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities which include counseling associates consistently on performance and behavioral concerns.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to lead and develop both self and others
- Ability to motivate others and promote collaboration and accountability to meet team goals
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and professional demeanor
- Understand computer applications such as MS Office and utilize applications to do analysis and problem solving
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
Qualification & Experience:
- College degree in a logistics-related field, or five to ten years of relevant / related work experience.
- Previous experience in working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or ability to quickly develop a proficiency in such systems. Knowledge in “JDA” WMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Olive Branch, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A