The Energy & Telecommunications Team is a collaborative and dynamic group of seven attorneys, one paralegal and one legal secretary. Attorneys work closely with the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in its operation of two retail electricity businesses: Hetch Hetchy Power and Clean Power SF. Attorneys advise the City’s Department of Technology on contract negotiation and drafting, cyber-security policy, telecommunications law and policy, and data privacy. The Energy & Telecommunications Team has an active regulatory practice before federal and state agencies on energy and telecommunications matters. Attorneys on the team regularly monitor and advise on relevant federal and state legislation and assist local policymakers with developing their own proposals and understanding local, state, and federal legislation proposed by others.
- Draft service level agreements for cloud services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and advise on stakeholder processes and requirements established by the California Independent Operator.
- Represent the City in administrative litigation before regulatory agencies, including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Federal Communications Commission, California Public Utilities Commission, California Energy Commission, and in related court actions.
- Review and recommend best practices and compliance guidelines for data management in accordance with municipal, state and federal privacy laws.
- Advise on the City’s contracting requirements and procedures. Negotiate and draft energy purchase and sale agreements and service agreements.
- Advise the City in its efforts to acquire PG&E’s electric distribution system and replace PG&E as the provider of electricity throughout San Francisco.
- Advise City departments responding to and protecting against cybersecurity incidents.
- Advise on all aspects of operating wholesale and retail electricity businesses, including rates, resource development and acquisition, regulatory compliance, customer programs, wildfire mitigation, and safety measures imposed by state and federal regulatory bodies.
Company: City and County of San Francisco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A