Performs high voltage line inspection work requiring knowledge of construction standards and work procedures including GO95 128 & 165. Ensures job site safety. Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the construction, maintenance, repair and inspection of the District’s transmission and distribution systems.
- Performs construction reviews of design documents and provides estimates for field changes.
- Prepares job site records and progress reports.
- Ensures technical adequacy of construction methods and techniques.
- Document site as built conditions.
- Work as qualified electrical worker to access energized equipment, analyze schematic diagrams, blue lining wiring diagrams, schedule and apply for clearances, perform primary switching, etc.
- Performs work on lines energized @ 120V through 21 KV; tests on high voltage circuits; environmental clean-up and transports hazardous material
- Installs/removes/terminates/splices various types of cable; streetlight equipment; work site protection devices; residential and commercial meters; various excavations; overhead & underground residential & commercial services
- Connects transformers
- Assists electricians in wiring electric substations
- Assists cable splicers in network underground systems.
- Must possess the same knowledge, skills, experience, etc. as an Lineman/Woman as well as completion of an approved Lineman/Woman Apprentice program including three years climbing experience in overhead electrical distribution work;
- Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record; Reside in a location close enough to their reporting headquarters to allow a reasonable response time from residence under normal driving conditions within posted speed limits;
- Work overtime and emergencies; Be “On Call” and respond immediately to emergency call-outs; Work special schedules as required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A