Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director of IT Operations shall provide the required leadership to define and execute strategic technology initiatives as well as ensure proactive management of the enterprise technology platforms, data center and address any production incidents that occur.
- Develop Service Level Agreements and ensure that all service levels are met.
- Performs full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees to include planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Manage supplier relationships that provide hardware, software, maintenance and support for highly technical and complex systems.
- Build a high performing team through staff development, recruiting and retention to support growing business needs.
- Lead Disaster Recovery efforts and ensures Disaster Recovery solutions are tested, kept current and apply to real world situations.
- Define Key Performance Index (KPI) for the datacenter mission critical facility operations and manage to those KPIs.
- Implement best practices for infrastructure services including proven infrastructure methodologies, service management processes and operations support.
- Ensures monitoring, measuring, and reporting of service performance against service level objectives, customer satisfaction and financial goals.
- Ensures appropriate systems and service continuity plans are defined, in place, and exercised regularly.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ten or more years extensive experience in the design, implementation, and evaluation of business technology applications and systems.
- At least 5 years of supervisory and/or management experience which demonstrates the ability to provide leadership and effective management of a diverse work force; extensive experience managing consultants and contractors.
- Experience managing help desk using ITSM methodologies and a background in ITIL.
- Negotiating with others; resolving problems; setting organization and team goals;
- Planning and directing the identification of complex and large-scale information system requirements;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A