Functions as the company’s expert in a specific technical discipline. Manages the development of Company programs, impacting policies and procedures, for the application of technology by client organizations. Manages and directs multiple projects and tasks within the department, including development of work scope, budget, schedule and resource requirements. Develops methodologies for solving specific technical problems and manages the application of those methodologies by Company personnel. Represents the Company’s interests on industry committees involved with formulation and modification of codes and standards. Manages or coordinates group sponsored research and development projects.
- Develops methodologies to allow client organizations to solve routine technical problems. Responsible for the development of company procedures, standards and specifications that ensures that the most cost effective and technically appropriate materials, equipment, construction practices, and operating procedures are used.
- Manages and coordinates all activities leading to the successful completion of multiple projects including, scoping of project, identification of resources (internal and external), selection of consultants and/or contractors, cost estimates, budgeting, permitting, design, material procurement and start-up. Prepares and reviews cost and budget estimates and develop project schedules. Determines the appropriate balance between cost and quality parameters. Identifies and resolves conflicts in schedule, or the relationship of interdependent functions such as cost, schedule and quality parameters. Provides direction to consultants, contractors, Company engineers and technical specialists, and the remainder of the project team.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Provides technical support and guidance to others within the department and client organizations in matters related to their area of expertise. Coordinates and directs the technical activities of other staff within the work group including, prioritizing and scheduling work, providing technical advice to junior staff members, and reviewing results of technical evaluations, analyses and recommendations. Applies technical principles to analyze and resolve problems. Prepares, edits, and approves written communication on technical and non-technical matters for all levels of management. Provides for the development of junior staff through mentoring and providing technical guidance.
- Represents the Company’s interests on industry committees regarding codes and standards to ensure that Company views are included. Review proposed changes in regulatory requirements related to their technical expertise and recommend appropriate response. Ensures that changes in regulatory or code requirements are reflected in development of appropriate programs, and modifications to applicable Company policy and procedures.
- Stays abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry through attendance at conferences and seminars, continuing education, literature, etc. Maintains familiarity with Company operations to effectively support client requests.
- General computer skills and use of basic Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of project management theories and concepts, engineering practices and concepts, and cost analysis, and be able to apply this knowledge in daily operations.
- Good working knowledge of the entire Gas Company system, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of programs to the Company, as well as the impact on existing Company facilities and operating philosophies and procedures.
- Must be able to determine project requirements, assess the abilities within the work group, and appropriately delegate to team members.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions, which involve technical and operational issues, and may link new concepts and technologies.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of spreadsheets and database analysis tools.
- Ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
- Must have understanding of engineering calculations and analyses.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree Technical discipline and business training. Preferred
- 4 Experience and specialized knowledge specific to the area of expertise, e.g. engineering, project management principles.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience required. (Technical Advisor – II)
- A minimum of 4 or more years of experience required. (Technical Advisor – I)
- H.S. Diploma/GED GED or higher Required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A