The Energy Efficiency Policy & Support (EEP&S) group is responsible for providing expert policy support to the Customer Programs & Assistance organization within SoCalGas. The position will be responsible for taking a lead in engaging with regulatory agencies on behalf of internal stakeholders, providing written formal and informal comments during regulatory proceedings, providing policy analysis and research, and advising internal stakeholders on regulatory happenings that affect them.
- Responsible for taking a lead in engaging with regulatory agencies on behalf of internal stakeholders, providing written formal comments during regulatory proceedings, providing policy analysis and research, and advising internal stakeholders on regulatory happenings that affect them.
- Engages with internal stakeholders to achieve customer program project process timelines.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of communications with regulatory agencies in specific proceedings on behalf of internal stakeholders.
- Represents SCG externally on a local, statewide and national basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, engineering, English, communications, public policy, environmental policy or equivalent experience. Required
- Master’s Degree An advanced degree in law, communications, environmental policy, or public policy. Preferred
- 5+ Experience in related field (e.g., regulatory policy, project management, external engagement, legal research and writing, utility or clean energy industry, etc.). Required
- Ability to communicate complicated technical issues in a succinct manner both orally and in written form.
- Knowledge of environmental law and policy issues facing California and the energy industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of and experience with regulatory proceedings and processes.
- Ability to work well under time constraints, adjust to changing priorities, organize a heavy workload, work well in a team environment, and perform with minimal supervision.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Anaheim, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A