- Responsible for the development of the project work scope, establishing overall program budget, overall program schedule, and planning resource requirements.
- Coordinate input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet program objectives.
- Direct, control, monitor, and assist Team Members, both Company and outside Contractors, in the completion of their work.
- Represent a single focal point for all technical, economic, political, and regulatory activities for the assigned project.
- Manages and directs planning functions (project management, scheduling, cost estimates, budget forecast & analysis, procurement, contracts management, engineering, design, environmental and land services, and risk management activities) within the Pipeline Integrity Program.
- Organizes and manages departmental resources (work-force, budget, equipment etc.) in a manner that promotes productivity and achievement of Pipeline Integrity and Company objectives.
- Directs all planning activities for Pipeline Integrity projects within gas operations.
- Directs, manages and is accountable for pipeline integrity projects from “cradle to grave” including coordination of all functions, direct and matrixed, required in project execution.
- Ensures that Pipeline Integrity business is conducted to the highest ethical standard, and there is compliance with all Company Procedures and Policies.
- Manages multi-million dollar budget specifically designated to the Pipeline Integrity Program.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the “baseline” (scope of work, schedule, estimate, execution plan, risk assessment , and financial objectives) for the Pipeline Integrity projects.
- Responsible for overall project management responsibilities including accountability for the quality, schedule, cost and financial performance of the program.
- Represents a single focal point for all technical, economic, political and regulatory activities for the assigned Pipeline Integrity Program.
- Develops and manages the project management function that will be performed by internal company project managers, contractors or consultants who will be supporting the program.
- Coordinates and directs input from Gas Operations, Marketing, Public Affairs as needed to meet Pipeline Integrity/Company objectives.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of proven successful project management experience in distribution and/or transmission operations.
- Certificate in Pipeline Integrity courses and Pipeline defect assessment is desirable.
- MBA or graduate business training is desirable.
- Must have pipeline experience.
- Business acumen and strong project controls focus (estimating, scheduling, and cost controls).
- Strong understanding of the Pipeline Safety Act 49 CFR Part 192 Subpart O.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management or another related field.
- Strong leadership skills with detailed familiarity with project management tools and techniques and effective team management and proven success.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A