Website Social Security Administration
At the Social Security Administration, we offer several career options for people who have proudly served our country. With so many diverse career fields available in our agency, your solid military experience and willingness to selflessly serve can avail you of a rewarding career in public service.
For consideration at SSA under non-competitive hiring authorities for veterans, please see below for more information.
- Your application will be placed into a pool of eligible veterans for notification of available opportunities in your selected areas of interest or selection via a non-competitive hiring authority for veterans.
- You will be notified via email of pending open positions in your selected areas of interest. These emails will arrive from [email protected]
- We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from [email protected]
- You may update your application at any time until the closing date. If you would like to apply to any posted opportunities, you must complete an application for that specific position; your application here will not transfer to that posting.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification, in any series or grade, including wage grade positions. Typical job opportunities within SSA can include, but are not limited to, the following occupations:
- Acquisitions, Grants, and Contracts: Contract Specialists, Purchasing Agents, Procurement Analysts, Grants Management Specialists
- Administrative Support: Staff and Executive Assistants, Management Analysts
- Facilities and Physical Security: Physical Security Specialists, Safety and Occupational Health Specialists, Architects, Supply Specialists and
- Inventory Management Specialists, Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical Engineers
- Finance and Accounting: Financial Management Analysts, Accountants, Budget Analysts, IT Specialists
- Human Resources: Management Analysts, Human Resource Specialists, Employee and Labor Relations Specialists, Equal Opportunity Specialists
- Information Technology
- Law Enforcement: Criminal Investigators, Auditors
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Background and/or security investigation required
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
- Selectees are required to serve either a 1-year probationary period or a 2-year trial period, depending on the type of appointment
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A