This position will serve as the primary Gas Control operational contact for the planning, support, and implementation of all Transmission Pipeline and Storage System shutdowns. The Outage Advisor will provide oversight and guidance to Gas Control Operations, Pipeline Integrity personnel, and Storage / Transmission District field personnel on the scheduling and implementation of shutdowns and operational deviations on the SoCal Gas and SDG&E transmission pipeline systems.
- Analyzes all requested shutdowns to determine and minimize any loss of capacity to the market and maintaining system integrity daily. This includes the timing of scheduled pipeline, receipt point and storage field shutdowns. Responsible for the posting and updating of outage impacts on the company Electronic Bulletin Board (Envoy). Gas handing responsibilities include:
- Coordinate assistance with Out of State Suppliers when pipeline shutdowns or inspections have an impact at receipt points to ensure system integrity during implementation of those type projects.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and coordinating of all Transmission Pipeline System shutdowns with Gas Control, Transmission District, Storage Field, and Pipeline Integrity personnel from conception to the completion stages.
- Ensure all impacted employees understand established guidelines and fulfill their operational responsibilities during shutdown projects.
- Provides support to the Gas Control Manager, PSEP Outage Advisor, and SCADA Project Manager to sustain continuous improvement in business management, customer satisfaction, safety, and technology on an overall system operation basis.
- Responsible for the tracking, monitoring, and documentation of each shutdown outage that impacts Gas Control System Operations and SCADA groups.
- Consults with Project Managers from Pipeline Integrity, Storage, Major Projects, Technical Services, Distribution Operations on feasibility, direction, volume, and pressure requirements associated with executing pipeline projects or inspecting pipeline segments. Works closely with Pipeline Integrity team lead personnel in establishing the annual pipeline inspection.
- Develops and reviews Operations Guidelines which include detailed gas handling and valve procedures for Gas Control and provides any necessary guidance and/or training of personnel to ensure success of operations.
- Coordinate any shutdowns impacting Electric Generation with the California Independent System Operator (CAISO).
- Supports, guides, and assists the PSEP Outage Advisor, Team Lead, and Control Room with technical and practical expertise necessary to plan, implement, and complete projects.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and demonstrate good management practices. Requires knowledge of project management theories and concepts, project control theories and engineering practices.
- Must possess a full understanding of performance measures, have a strong understanding of business concepts relating to Gas Control functions and how they relate to the overall financial performance of the Gas Transmission Pipeline System work groups.
- Must have a solid background and practical knowledge in gas compression, instrument and control systems for pipelines, compressor stations, measurement, and related equipment.
- Operational / technical or field experience required.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communications. Must clearly and concisely communicate technical and economic concepts with all levels of management. Prepares edits and approves written communication on technical and non-technical matters.
- Operator qualified in Control Room operations preferred.
- Requires 3 years of industry experience;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A