Website Spirit Airlines
The Disability Specialist is the resident expert in the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) disability rule (ACAA) to provide excellent service to our Guests who have disability-related complaints. This role tracks complaint trends and provides feedback to different departments across the company on enhancing the Guest experience and assisting with creating solutions on how to avoid service failures in the future. The Disability Specialist also compiles, codes, and submits the required annual report to DOT that captures all written disability-related complaints received the previous calendar year.
- Assist Guests with concerns via phone.
- Compile and code all written disability-related complaints to report to the DOT annually.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) disability rule.
- Partner with Process Optimization Team to improve processes and procedures to enhance the Guest experience.
- Investigate and resolve Guest concerns by thoroughly researching and compiling an accurate, timely, and well-written response to the Guests within DOT and ACAA guidelines while providing an outstanding Guest experience.
- Track common issues received to determine potential solutions.
- Bring potential violations to the attention of offending departments to facilitate a solution.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Work closely with the Refunds team to compensate Guests within DOT guidelines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Legal knowledge is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of international aviation conventions.
- Monitors feedback and takes corrective action when necessary.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Exercises controls to ensure the applicability of the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Deep capability in written and verbal communication, craft messaging, and expressing intent powerfully and simply in an organized manner that is appropriate to the audience.
- 1-3 years experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation rules and regulations, including how it relates to the disability rule (Part 382).
- Basic skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Takes responsibility for work services and results.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miramar, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A