Website Spirit Airlines
The Flight Dispatcher’s primary role is to provide the highest level of safety, service and joint decision-making to Spirit Airline’s flight crews and passengers.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Making tactical economic decisions to drive efficiency and optimization for the airline.
- Proactively monitoring enroute aircraft, providing flight crews with timely updates to changes in dispatch parameters and taking action to deal with unplanned events/situations.
- Responsible for dispatch release and operational control for Spirit’s flight operations in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policy in order to provide safe, comfortable, and on-time service to guests.
- Keeping all stakeholders informed of significant changes in flight status, aircraft substitutions, delays, unscheduled landings, diversions, or cancellations.
- Analyzing meteorological data from multiple sources to identify hazards such as convective activity, turbulence, icing, and other factors. Work in conjunction with flight crew to mitigate meteorological threats both in pre-flight and enroute phases.
Qualification & Experience:
- Interview process is projected to begin late November/ early December.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, rotating days-off, weekends and holidays within a 24 x 7 x 365 operation.
- Licensed airman certification by the FAA (Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate).
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Air Regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of aviation meteorology and practical application of weather synopsis and forecast products.
- Satisfactory completion of the training, testing, and checking requirements as defined in Spirit Airline’s Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM).
- Selected candidates will be notified about the job location and other details at the time a job offer is extended.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Two years of dispatch experience with a Part 121 Air Carrier (preferred).
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miramar, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A