Responsibilities will include the design, creation and maintenance of moderate to complex databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. Should be able to understand and support cross platform interfaces and participate in cross-functional projects that include multiple business processes. May be called upon to lead and coordinate developer resources on assigned projects, meet with business users to determine requirements, and mentor more junior associates.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop database objects: stored procedures, functions, triggers etc.
- Create database design
- Development of ETL based import/export processes
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Experience in cloud based solutions Azure (preferred), GCP, etc.
- Experience with development and database administration for MS SQL Server 2012 and above
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- MS SQL Server 2012 and above
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant field (recommended)
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
- Experience of Cloud Architecture/Technologies and DevOps best practices (nice to have)
- Knowledge of front/middle layer and/or CLR is a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a developer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A