As an Onboarding Specialist at Staples you will be responsible for supporting all elements of recruiting and onboarding experience during the first 90 days of new hires in our Fulfillment Centers. You will conduct tours, interview new hires, and collaborate with hiring managers to make offers. You will be part of providing each new hire a great experience as they first join our team. From setting up an engaging new hire orientation to weekly and monthly check in’s with new hires, you will directly impact their experience. We utilize a team approach to hiring. You will work with a Recruiter and a Recruiting Coordinator as a cohesive team to ensure we are getting candidate hired quickly.
- In this role you know what it means to nurture relationships, and actively communicate with the candidate throughout the process
- Use behavioral based interviewing techniques to assess candidates and technology to effectively screen candidates where applicable.
- An ability to foster communication and teamwork among staff and to collaborate with all members of the team, at all levels to ensure successful outcomes Make in person offers and kick off background checks in system
- Using a consultative approach, conduct needs analysis conversations and ask probing questions to align with business expectations. Utilizing market data, identify challenges with pay, job descriptions, hiring manager expectations, and advise as to best approach.
- You can passionately articulate the Staples Employee Value Proposition (EVP), the business landscape and what makes Staples an amazing place to work.
- You are a highly effective communicator and are seen by the business as the expert at assessing talent.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven success in providing superior customer service
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Able to go onsite 4 days a week
- Solid understanding and demonstrated use of an Applicant Tracking system, HR system or equivalent system
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred: 3+ years of full life cycle recruiting or HR experience
- Preferred: Project Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A