At the Distribution Center, we keep a vast array of Starbucks products flowing from suppliers to customers across the globe. This important work happens in an environment that values safety, teamwork, diversity & inclusion, and shared success.
- Understands and follows established safety guidelines, consistently complies with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out).
- Ensures quality by continually reviewing work to detect and correct errors.
- Demonstrates and understands safety as a core value and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforces and coaches others to do the same.
- Performs other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Supports food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Safely and effectively operates a variety of powered industrial trucks to perform various distribution tasks.
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitors and documents quality measures using analytical tools.
- Performs a range of shipping, receiving and inventory control duties, including loading and unloading of trailers, replenishing stock, filling orders, providing inventory services, and completing required documentation of product movement.
- Basic math skills
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards Familiarity with computerized inventory and order selection systems
- Ability to work on elevated equipment
- Ability to operate required material handling equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA Code of Federal Regulations) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with the GFSI certification schemes (i.e. BRC and/or or SQF)
- Experience operating a stand-up powered industrial truck (1 year)
- Distribution/Warehouse experience (1 year)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A