As the Finance Director for Starbucks Canada you will assist in achieving the company’s goals by providing financial leadership to the Store Development team, the Licensed Stores team and the broader organization. This includes P&L management, forecasting, strategic support for growth initiatives and leading the Strat Plan and Annual Plan processes for the company.
- Active member of the Executive LT, Weekly Action Meeting, functional LTs as appropriate and regular presenter and contributor to the Starbucks Canada LT.
- Provide analytical thought partnership to the Store Development and Licensed Stores teams. Evaluate the merits of growth and productivity initiatives, guide the analytics for key projects and help improve core processes.
- Lead the strategic planning, annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes, outlining Starbucks Canada’s long-term strategic direction while guiding short-term priorities and initiatives.
- Lead FP&A, Store Development finance and Licensed Stores finance for the Canadian business, coaching and developing a direct team of 6 finance partners.
- Maintain relationships with U.S. peers, leveraging best practices to enhance our Canadian business.
- Lead weekly and monthly performance tracking, leveraging key insights to help guide the business. Liaise closely with the North America finance team based in Seattle.
- Key member of the Finance LT, helping lead the finance team and shaping the team’s culture.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excel at leading and influencing cross-functional partners, with a solutions-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (business, finance or accounting specialization preferred).
- Experience leading teams, including developing direct reports and establishing a team culture.
- Significant experience in FP&A, with a strong record of performance management, financial analysis and planning accountability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, with a record of making positive contributions to workplace culture.
- Experience in a Finance Director role at a large retailer or consumer packaged goods company.
- Proactive and ambitious mindset, willing to challenge the status quo to improve the business.
- Ability to deliver results through others, setting team priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A