This engineering manager position contributes to Starbucks success by leading the engineering team within Marketing Technology. Responsible for delivering high-quality, reliable, and scalable technology solutions that support the modern marketing initiative.
- Communicates highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Implements practices that support secure application development using best practices and standards
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Integrates engineering principles and resolves technical obstacles for specific engineering projects.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to engineering partners
- Applies logic in problem-solving and analysis of alternatives to assess the financial and operations impact of business initiatives. Leverages critical information to make effective recommendations and decisions
- Support the development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Develop and implement engineering solutions to improve efficiencies, increase capacity and reduce costs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine)
- 5+ years of experience in managing medium to large scale projects and cross functional team leadership.
- 4-8 years of professional industry experience with software development
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SOX, PCI, Data Protection, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, mission critical environments
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby
- Knowledge in databases and comfortable with various databases technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A