Website State Farm
Appraisers perform a variety of duties. To name a few, perform vehicle inspections, prepare repair estimates, determine items that are not payable, issue claim payments and verify that repairs are completed accordingly. Communication and Customer Service are so important!
- Review supplement requests and make subsequent adjustments to estimates.
- Utilizes automated estimating systems to prepare repair estimates.
- Uses estimating vendor tools and the Enterprise Claims System (ECS).
- Evaluates bid content and photo documentation, vehicle damage, causation issues, and potential suspicious loss indicators.
- Applies knowledge of market value and other factors affecting reparability issues.
- Completes necessary claim file documentation in ECS in support of subsequent claim handling.
- Applies thorough understanding of Standard Claim Process and Auto Damage Service Programs (ADSP).
- Provides technical support to claim handlers on vehicle repair issues.
- Refers information on possible vehicle total loss claims to the appropriate contact.
- Continuously develops professional/technical expertise regarding vehicle repair trends, automated estimating systems, repair techniques, tools, and other industry-related topics.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to vary work locations to include home, vehicle, or other locations suitable for completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License (preferred).
- Ability to adequately evaluate vehicle damage and create repair estimates which may require stooping, bending, and some physical lifting.
- Auto collision repair, auto damage estimating, and/or auto insurance appraiser experience are required.
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A