Website State Farm
Within the State Farm Telematics suite, we are hiring a Lead Software Engineer with focus largely on mobile, analytics and integration with our systems. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will play an instrumental role to help support advanced mobile and analytical solutions using Telemetry data to provide safe driving insights to our customers.
- Continue to keep up with technology trends (Cloud, Computer Vision, AR/VR etc..).
- Identify gaps in standards, guidance, and tooling and help Telematics address these gaps.
- Develop new ways to extract risk information using Telemetry data.
- Continue to keep up with Telematics industry trends (5G, IoT, Connected car, Usage Based Insurance etc..), leading proof of concepts and providing feasibility outcomes.
- Applies overarching, advanced technical knowledge/skills to ensure quality, integration and governance across multiple application environments.
- Partner with product teams, data scientists and other engineering associates to drive the artificial intelligence for customer experience strategy.
- Knowledge of Mobile technology architecture and frameworks
- Development experience in creating and/or maintaining mobile applications in IOS or Android Swift, Kotlin
- Advanced technical knowledge to design, build and deploy analytical solutions for any or all of the following: data ingestion, integration, extraction and application support
- Ideal candidates must have a successful track record of 5 to 7+ years of software delivery, solution design, configuration, customization, product support experience, and application development both on premise and in the cloud.
- Development experience in two or more of the following languages: Python, NodeJs, Java, SQL, Terraform
- Has depth of understanding associated with the data infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Experience with gathering and creating analytic business requirements, researching potential data sources (both
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering topics, including classes, functions, and version control, CI/CD, and unit tests.
- Has an overarching knowledge of data design, data access, data governance, data management and data infrastructure disciplines to products and services
- internal and external sources), designing, developing and maintaining data assets.
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A