Website State of Florida
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job. VR is committed to helping people with disabilities find meaningful careers. Our Mission is “to help people with disabilities find and maintain employment and enhance their independence.” Our Vision is “to become the first place people with disabilities turn when seeking employment and a top resource for employers in need of qualified employees.”
To find out more about what we do at Vocational Rehabilitation, please visit http://www.rehabworks.org/
Information contained in responses to Qualifying Questions concerning education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities must also be disclosed on the Applicant Profile submitted on People First.
This Advertisement may be used to fill current and future vacancies for up to 6 months.
This position is responsible for providing professional vocational rehabilitation counseling to a diversity of disabilities in order that they may attain employment and for providing and coordinating services. The incumbent of this position will access client information, maintain case records, produce correspondence, and perform other automated functions within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Assesses medical, psychological, and vocational information to determine eligibility for services. Develops, with full participation of the customer with a disability, an individualized Plan for Employment to determine employment outcomes.
- Conducts in-depth interviews of individuals with disabilities requiring rehabilitation strategies to determine eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services and the feasibility for achieving an employment outcome.
- Provides professional vocational rehabilitation counseling to individuals with a diversity of disabilities in order that they may attain appropr4iate employment outcomes. Provides information to assist individuals with disabilities in making informed choices regarding services, service providers, and employment outcomes. Authorized, coordinates and/or negotiates services leading to successful employment outcomes.
- Negotiates with individuals with disabilities regarding plan development.
- Develops and utilizes job placement opportunities to assist eligible individuals with disabilities to obtain appropriate employment. Develops employer contacts and serves as liaison with employers. Provides selective job development and placement. Collaborates with team members in placement activities. Utilizes the resources of community rehabilitation providers in securing appropriate job placement for eligible individuals with disabilities.
- Manages resources to ensure financial accountability according to state and federal regulations.
- Collaborates with community partners to assure appropriate use of available resources.
- Participates in training experiences designed to enhance professional competency in vocational rehabilitation.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Employee must be productive under tight timeframes, balance multiple and competing priorities and maintain goal-directed behavior and performance sometimes under stressful conditions; the employee must interact courteously with others; employee’s performance and behavior must demonstrate4 consideration of the workload of others and must not negatively affect productivity and morale of the unit.
- Knowledge of the theories and techniques of counseling
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of the methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data
- Knowledge of medical and psychological aspects of disability groups
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques
- Ability to interview clients in order to determine eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services
- Ability to compile, organize and analyze medical and psychological data
- Ability to provide counseling and guidance in the area of career planning
- Ability to develop individual vocational rehabilitation programs
- Ability to assess test results
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to use and analyze information from the management information system.
- Ability to understand and use State and Federal vocational rehabilitation regulations and policies.
Company: State of Florida
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Pensacola, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A