Website State of Florida
This position provides medical case management to persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS within the four-county area of Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie (Area 15). You may be stationed at any of the counties listed or need to travel within the counties.
This position provides proactive and inclusive case management activities through office or field visits according to the guidelines established by the Florida Department Of Health Bureau Of Communicable Diseases HIV/AIDS Section and the Area 15 HIV/AIDS Program Office. This position reports to the Operations Management Consultant II.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of the care plan. Completion of tasks listed in the care plan. The type and frequency of contact should be based on client acuity. Case managers
- follow up to determine delivery of services.
- Completes comprehensive Needs Assessments of individuals presenting themselves for assistance through the agency
- Detailed case notes how client’s needs are being addressed, how barriers to meeting these needs are being overcome, and how client is progressing towards POC goals.
- Linkage, Referral, Patient Navigation, Retention In Care
- Timely coordination and linkage of the client to appropriate agencies for services and activities required to assist the client in achieving the goals and objectives identified in
- their care plan.
- Facilitating linkage and re-engagement activities for clients who appear to be out of care.
- Educating clients about HIV, and its transmission and complications; and HIV risk reduction.
- Educating clients about insurance and entitlements, and providing navigation and enrollment support. Client-specific advocacy (i.e., with a landlord, medical team, substance use counselor, etc.)
- Reviewing client utilization of services.
- At least 1 year in Psychology Social Work or Human Services
- At Least 1 Year in case management linkage and referral
- Experience with case note documentation
- Must be willing to travel to and/or be assigned within the four-county are of Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie (Area 15)
- Valid Driver’s License, if out of state a Florida Driver’s License is required within 30 days of hire
- Emergency Duty
Company: State of Florida
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Ft. Pierce, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A