Website State of Kansas
The Ambulatory Clinic RN Care Coordinator is a licensed registered professional nurse who is a clinical expert who provides ethical, evidence-based, safe and compassionate nursing care. The Ambulatory Clinic RN Care Coordinator focuses on patient safety and the quality of nursing care by identifying and clarifying patient needs, performing clinic related patient care, conducting health education, promoting patient advocacy, coordinating healthcare services, and evaluating patient outcomes. The RN Care Coordinator will provide support to their assigned physicians by communicating with the patient/family/caregiver and relaying the information to the physician. They will provide support and nursing care services during the physician’s clinic sessions and ensuring the patient/family/caregiver understands the plan of care. They will verify all orders placed during the clinic session have been completed and the physician has been notified of the results.
- Responsible for management of patient flow, triage, and direct patient care.
- Liaison of communication between front desk staff, nursing staff, physicians, and clinic manager
- Manage the care of the patient population by developing expected patient outcomes, defining appropriate resource utilization, and working with the provider to set patient goals.
- Provide nursing support/coordination to the practice to optimize patient outcomes and to improve patient’s quality of life through clinical and educational programs and/or support services.
- Support patient self-management of disease.
- Coordinate continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
- Manage high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or high risk for readmission to a hospital setting, including a registry.
- Develop relationships with patients and competently uses assessment skills to identify physical, psychosocial, financial, and environmental health care needs of the patient.
- Educate the patient and appropriate ancillary personnel about the health care needs, safety issues and benefits which include patient education.
- Utilize available electronic tools, such as EMR, to efficiently document assessments, clinical finds, plans of treatment and progress toward goals.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Records tests and examination results and then follows up with patient. Posts tests and examination results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (Employees in this title on July 1, 2018 are required to have a BSN within 5 years)
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on work location) required
- 2 years of RN experience
- Basic typing and word processing ability
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Company: State of Kansas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Topeka, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A