Website Louisiana State Civil Service
Applicants must have Civil Service test scores for 9500-LEAPS in order to be considered for this vacancy unless exempted by Civil Service rule or policy. If you do not have a score prior to applying to this posting, it may result in your application not being considered.
Applicants without a current test score can apply to take the test here.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the “Apply” link above and complete an electronic application, which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application to determine where they are in the recruitment process. Further status message information is located under the Information section of the Current Job Opportunities page.
*Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completed education and experience sections on your application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.*
- Two years of experience in law enforcement work.
- College training may be substituted for the required experience on the basis of thirty semester hours for one year of experience.
- Must have attained eighteenth birthday at time of appointment.
- An applicant who has been convicted of a felony or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
- May be required to possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment.
- For some positions, evidence of POST certification must be submitted at the time of the application.
- May be required to qualify annually with a firearm.
- For some positions, applicant must be eligible for bond.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A