Website Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) is seeking applicants for the role of Social Work Technician (A/B). Our ideal candidate will possess a passion for working in the field of child welfare and social work and will support DCF Social Workers in providing services to children and families who are open consumers of DCF.
- Work collaboratively with DCF social workers, supervisors and managers to support various action planning tasks to reinforce casework direction.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with agency and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to completion of BRC Approval Requests, referral packets and case filing.
- Transport children to health, social services or other agency-related appointments as required.
- Supervise visits between children in placement and family members as directed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with DCF staff and other constituencies as needed.
- Conduct and document collateral calls to health/social service providers, schools and law enforcement agencies as directed.
- Attend supervision, staff meetings and in-service training.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the community, with clients, schools, courts and with referring agencies seeking to build and sustain positive relationships.
- An Associate’s or higher degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, counseling education, criminal justice, human services or a relevant human services degree.
Company: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chelsea, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A