Website Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The primary duty of this position is to support reporting and analysis for MassHealth Operations. In order to successfully perform this duty, the incumbent will be expected to analyze production data to ensure business service levels and policies are met, analyze system incidents to ensure business requirements are met and work with the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Information Technology (IT) team and Data Warehouse team to provide solutions for different business challenges. The analyst will participate in meetings to ensure policies and procedures for the agency are developed in a particular system. They will validate solutions such as production scripts to ensure solution provided works and validate data in production or testing environments. The incumbent will identify business reports, process improvements, and implementation strategies to ensure business operations is successfully meeting its needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve document management systems issues, identify resolutions to systems shortfalls and define needed systems enhancements.
- Serves as SME for Excel, Tableau, Database, data interdependencies and process improvement
- Collaborate with and support the I-MEC concept of statewide standardization of practices, policies, and workflows in use across all MassHealth eligibility operations.
- Participate in meetings with different stakeholder such as EOHHS IT, EHS Data Warehouse, MassHealth (MH) policy, MH Operations to assess needs and provide solutions. Discuss with Policy/Legal/Publications teams as needed to ensure system and enhancements meet new or existing regulations.
- Use Tableau, Excel, and Microsoft access/SQL to analyze and create reports. Re-format files to be process by batch as needed.
- Validate workarounds and perform workarounds in systems as needed. Provide status of validations or any special projects.
- Participate in Business/IT JADs teaming/procurements with IT colleagues in system developments, enhancements, and expansions.
- Create daily, monthly, and ad-hoc reports to meet operations and federal reporting needs. Create and maintain public reports and dashboards.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their particular area of expertise as in entails MH operation and eligibility and how systems/data is used.
- Analyze trends on operations metrics, eligibility metrics and other systems metrics.
- Knowledge of XML/JSON
- Experience designing and implementing data collection processes.
- The ability to manage and sustain multiple and complex relationships and ensure that lines of communication are open.
- Extensive knowledge of Tableau, Excel, and MS Access/Sequel.
- Experience designing charts and reports.
- The ability to work under significant time pressures to meet unanticipated demands.
- Knowledge of MassHealth policies, programs and procedures and the ability to integrate this knowledge with new and existing IT systems.
- Familiarity with a number of complexes, technical issues, systems and programs affecting Medicaid and its services to members.
- Knowledge of testing and validating systems.
- The ability to work effectively with teams, share information and work collaboratively to solve problems and make decisions.
Company: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Quincy, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A