Website State of Minnesota
This position will act as a Highway Systems Electrician to perform repairs, revisions, maintenance, and installation of MnDOT traffic signals, roadway lighting, ITS systems, and other electrical and electronic devices within the seven County Metro Area.
- Knowledge of State and National Electrical and Safety Codes, construction safety and standard electrical practices, techniques, materials, and tools sufficient to ensure that work and materials comply with codes, and to select supplies, materials and work methods to apply to electrical projects.
- Possession of a current Minnesota Class A Master or Journey Electrician’s license or equivalent license from another state. You must provide the date your license was issued and the expiration date.
- A valid Minnesota Class D Driver’s License.
- Ability to perform maintenance duties while working at heights up to 70 feet.
- Ability to manage workload using computerized databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability and skill in the use of hand and power tools sufficient to install, alter, maintain, and repair electrical and electronic systems and equipment in the field.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in roadway construction practices as applicable to signal and lighting maintenance.
- Knowledge and application of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- Experience with traffic signals and/or lighting systems.
Company: State of Minnesota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A