Website State of Oregon
The primary purpose of this position is to provide information regarding Medicaid (MAGI and Non-MAGI), Supplemental Nutritional Assistance, (SNAP), employment related daycare, and temporary assistance for families in need, to Oregonians applying for those benefits. This position is responsible for processing new applications, redeterminations, and reviewing financial eligibility. The person in this position is responsible in assisting teams in the management and coordination of office caseload models as established by district 7. This position is responsible for assuring the applicant’s eligibility is determined correctly and in a timely manner, and that appropriate documentation is included in the case file. In addition, this position is responsible for referring applicants with service needs to appropriate agencies.
- This position requires you to work in an office environment with daily use of computer/laptop and associated local and network environments.
- Working remotely could be offered after you have reached a certain benchmark during the training period. This would depend on office’s business at time of request. If you have questions about this, please reach out to the hiring manager.
- The individual in this position may encounter challenging customers, and a variety of physical and sensory situations, i.e. people who smoke or wear fragrances.
- The individual may be required to use a state vehicle to conduct business and must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record or be able to provide a suitable alternate method of transportation.
- This position requires the ability to work as part of a team and on multiple tasks simultaneously, sometimes within short time frames.
Two years of experience determining eligibility for an agency program by interviewing to assess the needs of clients, and interpreting and applying the policies, rules, and guidelines that are applicable to the client’s situation.
Any college courses may be substituted for the two years of general experience on a year-for-year basis (45 quarter hours is equivalent to one year of experience).
A photocopy of your transcripts may be requested during the interview process if using college courses to meet the minimum qualifications.
- Experience working with social/human services. (i.e. work helping individuals and groups such as economically disadvantaged, employment, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, aging, disabilities, prevention, health, and cultural competencies)
- Experience interviewing individuals determining eligibility for services with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Experience interpreting and implementing policy and procedures in an office setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in an office setting with competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience upholding confidentiality while processing sensitive information
- Experience communicating detailed information effectively both written and verbally to a variety of audiences.
Company: State of Oregon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Bend, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A