Website State Farm
As a champion of UX and a Design Thinking Facilitator at State Farm, you will lead cross functional strategic transformations with product teams and key stakeholders. You will leverage design thinking best practices in order to achieve user-centered outcomes. You are an exceptional communicator demonstrating strong people leadership skills and user experience sensibilities. You will have the ability to motivate teams through discovery, design, development, and delivery of innovative solutions for complex problems in strategic planning, process improvement, product design, and service delivery.
- Ability to quickly engage and inspire a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and lead/contribute to multiple large-scale efforts concurrently
- Identify major detailed project tasks, resources, and coordinate the efforts of internal and external parties necessary to see successful project completion including external vendors.
- Autonomously exercises strong critical thinking and sound judgment while independently making decisions within their own projects and providing consultation and oversight to those executing other projects in doing so, the Design Thinking Facilitator must:
- Lead alignment efforts between design, business, and delivery workstreams to integrate business analytics, business capabilities, user and market research to ensure a quality customer experience.
- Support product teams to achieve clear problem statement definition, define big ideas and capabilities, and pressure-test ideas through design research, test and learn methodologies, and value assessment.
- Be an expert on the subject matter of all things Design Thinking.
- Work with various partners such as State Farm Digital UX Leadership, Business and Systems Analysts, and Strategic Resources UX Researchers to ensure the best use of company resources for digital work (e.g., Digital UX Design practitioners, technology and level of effort.
- Change agility and comfort operating and flexing in ambiguity.
- Evaluate Research needs and be able to recommend and potentially conduct qualitative user research where needed.
- Lead product teams and stakeholders through strategic transformational frameworks in pursuit of discovery and innovation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experienced leading large enterprise wide technology and/or strategic deployments in an agile environment managing multiple projects at a time.
- Promotes the continuous improvement of UCD processes, UX Design operational strategy, UI framework and digital experience standards, templates and artifacts.
- 2+ years of relevant Design Thinking experience, running design workshops.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in a UX or design team.
- Ability to guide and coach in design-thinking methods from research, ideation, prototyping and light usability testing.
- Experience as a User-Centered Design (UCD) consultant and User Experience (UX) Design subject matter expert for a business area, product line or sector.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, building relationships at all levels of the organization, and effectively tailoring messaging and approach to multiple audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Leverages established digital experience standards, style guides and pattern libraries to create consistent user experiences, and files deviation exception requests as necessary.
- Researcher background conducting interviews with design experience is preferred.
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A