Website Stop & Shop
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for ensuring the sales and profitability while helping to achieve best in class customer service in their departments.
- Responsible for overseeing Front-end operations, Cash Office, and ensuring highest level of customer service.
- Manage store community and customer relations.
- Manage Customer Service Departments regarding general operations, sales, and profitability
- Manage daily activities including sanitation and safety. Merchandising department presentation, payroll and productivity and administration
- Accountable for: scheduling and conducting interviews and involving other managers as appropriate; coordinating orientation, new hire and department specific training with CTP Coordinators; following up on associate development plan implementation and AMT progress; documenting front-end associate performance issues; attending or coordinating job fairs; analyzing store turnover figures and developing action plans with appropriate department managers; counseling and coaching associates; resolving customer issues; responding to donation requests; attending and or coordinating local community events; and managing fund raising events and gift card program.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, orientation, managing people development and maintaining diversity of Front-end.
- Create a culture of best in class customer service
- Must be willing to travel within core market area
- 2+ years retail experience; store management experience required
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and gain people’s confidence
- Knowledge of safe food handling
- Exceptional interpersonal, planning and organizing, and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Company: Stop & Shop
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hempstead, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A