We are looking for an experienced Collision Technician to work on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world on the Collision Tactical Response Team. The Collision Tactical Response Team quickly deploys to support factory initiatives to minimize impact on the field, support high backlog locations, and new location openings. This position is home based through a local Tesla collision center; however, it requires regular travel in support of other collision centers and factory operations.
- Glue, rivet, and weld structural components
- Maintain clean, orderly and organized work area
- Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools and shop tools
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance guidelines for hazardous waste disposal
- Use frame equipment for measuring and installing structural components
- Responsible for following proper repair procedures and performs all procedures according to factory specifications
- Reading and comprehending automotive repair procedures
- Repair exterior cosmetic panels with metal finishing and body filler.
- Remove and replace all parts associated with collision repair including body, mechanical, electrical, and trim components
- Perform steel and aluminum welding operations: MIG / MAG / STRSW / Dent Pullers
- Capable of seamlessly integrating with multiple different teams on wide variety of different technical repairs and processes
- 75% of the year travel minimum, 3 consecutive week capability
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Vocational Certificate in Collision Repair preferred.
- Ability to travel with your own tools
- Willingness to work overtime if required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
- 5+ years of experience as a collision repair technician, Tesla experience preferred
- Maintain top level professional integrity and appearance as a collision technician
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A