We are looking for a highly motivated Construction Manager to support the Supercharger deployment team in southeastern United States. This person must have a construction background; general contractor’s experience is highly valued. The Construction Manager will oversee multiple construction projects and enforce budget, timeline, fit, finish, and safety requirements. A get-it-done mentality for all situations is expected.
- Expedite project close-out requirements including municipal sign offs, as-built drawings, final project photos, etc.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to timely process change requests and change orders
- Provide feedback to the deployment, development, and engineering team on how to design equipment and sites for better/faster/cheaper site builds; Help design and implement those improvements
- Build the most world-class Supercharger sites in the shortest amount of time for the least amount of money
- Coordinate the timely processing and approvals of all design drawings to and from subcontractors and architects/engineers
- Distribute drawing and design revisions, bulletins, etc. to Project Manager, Super and all trades
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written; Prepare weekly construction reports with photos, schedule, etc.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. passport
- Strong understanding of AC and DC power, transformers, circuit protection, single-line electrical and mechanical diagrams, and construction drawings
- Available for extensive travel (50%+), often on short notice
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent written and spoken English. Must have the ability to discuss technical topics with a variety of audiences – contractors, engineers, and members of various divisions within Tesla
- Class A general contractor’s license a plus but not required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A