The Material Handler at our Energy Distribution Center will primarily move materials within the distribution center. He/she will accurately receive, verify, inspect, count, stock and pick materials according to procedure while interacting with employees of all levels in different areas of the organization. This opportunity is for the 2nd shift, 2pm-10:30pm.
- Work with local supervisor and peers to continually improve processes and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Maintain accurate counts and system records for all material transactions.
- Receive, verify, inspect, count, and stock materials according to procedure.
- Load and unload materials onto or from carts/pallets/racks for movement or storage, by hand or using material handling equipment.
- Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly physical inventory cycle counts as required.
- Prior experience accurately completing data entry in warehouse management system desired.
- Ability to excel in and foster a collaborative team environment. Working as a team player, interacting with employees of all levels of the organization.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to move materials throughout a warehouse environment.
- Ability to regularly lift, bend, stoop, kneel, reach and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 40 lbs.
- High School Diploma and/or the equivalent experience in manufacturing/distribution environment preferred.
- Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, or dollies safely required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A