Website U.S. Courts
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio is recruiting for the position of Human Resources Specialist. The incumbent provides a full range of Human Resources services and support to judges, judicial staff, and all employees of the Bankruptcy Court Clerk’s Office. The Human Resources Specialist provides guidance and interprets and adheres to the Guide to Judiciary Policy, the Human Resources Manual, the
Bankruptcy Court’s Employee Manual, internal controls for separation of duties, and internal policies and procedures when handling management and staff inquiries. Occasional travel to all three court locations is required. The position is eligible for partial telework. This position reports to the Chief Deputy Clerk.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate technical training for new and existing employees on a wide variety of human resources related automated systems. Administer assigned systems. Develop and manage the integration process of new systems into local processes. Develop and maintain the content for the human resources section of the court unit’s Intranet website.
- Assist with grievance and adverse action procedures.
- Serve as the court’s EDR coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the official timekeeper for the court unit. This includes monitoring and processing employees’ time and attendance related records and ensuring that transactions and records adhere to appropriate rules and regulations. Monitor and assess functionality of a locally developed leave system. Coordinate all non-programming enhancement activities such as compiling upgrade requests, testing, and deploying changes.
- Monitor and administer the Performance Management Plan by ensuring that performance appraisals are completed as prescribed.
- Manage background check and fingerprinting program by verifying applicant employment, checking references, taking employee fingerprints, completing and filing necessary forms, tracking and reporting results, and developing and maintaining record keeping systems.
- Maintain statistics for annual Fair Employment Practices System and Telework reports.
- Monitor and maintain the court’s Employee Manual. Recommend HR-related policy changes as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a wide variety of personnel related records, including individual personnel files and records, in accordance with the relevant record retention guidelines.
Specialized experience is defined as progressively responsible experience in at least one but preferably two or more functional areas of human resources management and administration (classification, staffing, training, employee relations, etc.) that provided knowledge of the rules, regulations, terminology, etc. of the area of human resources administration.
Company: United States Courts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A