Website U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
This position will be filled under the Office of Personnel Management’s Direct Hire Authority and is open to all United States citizens and U.S. nationals. Veteran’s preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply. All qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration for this position. To learn more about Direct-Hire authority, go to: OPM.GOV Hiring Information:
- Gathers and considers information on weather data, topography, fuel types, and fire behavior in responding to wildland fire incidents. When positioning and deploying personnel and equipment, recommends best approaches and practices to use in protection of the values at risk.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used to respond to wildland and prescribed fire situations. Accomplishes emergency repairs as necessary to permit continued use of equipment. In those instances when the apparatus cannot be used effectively in suppressing the fire, the incumbent takes aggressive control action in attacking the fire, using other means.
- Participates in wildland fire and safety training in the techniques, practices, and methods of fire suppression and in the safe, efficient operation and use of tools, equipment, and vehicles used in fireline activities, with emphasis on those used in the particular function assigned. Participates in crew proficiency checks and drills, safety sessions, and fire critiques. Ensures own and other’s welfare and safety in all aspects of the assignment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for employment, as determined by Non-Sensitive Low background investigation
- Drug testing position
- Medical Requirements
- Official U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service uniform required
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position
- Must be fully qualified as Firefighter Type 1 (FFT) and have completed S290
Qualification & Experience:
Company: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A