Website U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
This position is a Management Analyst, GS- 0343-9/11 working in Portland, Oregon for the Region 1 National Wildlife Refuge System Budget and Administration Branch.
- Plans, directs, manages, coordinates, and evaluates projects working closely with the administrative team, providing technical guidance and support.
- Assesses, recommends, and delivers and/or facilitates delivery of training to employees.
- Assists members of the Regional office, Supervisors, Project Leaders from the field stations and external stakeholders with Region-wide projects.
- Assists managers with workforce planning, succession planning, position management, and organizational alignment.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders, develops annual and multiyear project plans, identifies system requirements, formulates budget requests, isolates existing constraints and possible challenges and vulnerabilities, and develops solutions to resolve current or expected problems and risks.
- Develops complete and comprehensive project management plans that encompass scope definition, project schedules, and resource formulation.
- Collaborates with leadership, senior program analysts, and staff to plan and/or conduct special studies such as evaluating the implementation progress of workforce plans to include customer satisfaction, workload distribution, and staffing levels.
- Provides technical assistance and support to management in a variety of matters relating to workforce planning activities. Utilizes survey data or under the direction of senior staff, conducts employee surveys or focus groups, to analyze and report results as well as, identify and recommend response initiatives.
- Briefs senior management on program requirements, resource requests, and status updates.
- Serves as a project management specialist coordinating all phases of the project life cycle of region-wide projects with the staff of the Regional National Wildlife Refuge System (NWRS) office, Supervisors, Project Leaders from the field stations, and external stakeholders.
- Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirement as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Suitability for employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply).
- Probationary Period: Selectees may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Individuals assigned male at birth after 12-31-59 must be registered for the Selective Service. To verify registration visit SSS.gov.
Company: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A