Website U.S. Forest Service
This position serves as a District Ranger with responsibility for the management of the resources, personnel, goods and services of a designated area on a National Forest/Grassland.
- Oversees the inventory, planning, evaluation, and management of each forest/grassland resource including timber, soil, land, water, wildlife and fish habitat, minerals, forage, wilderness and visual areas, and outdoor recreation.
- Works in collaboration with communities and partners.
- Directly responsible for the science-based stewardship of diverse natural and cultural resources, understanding the interdependence of all Forest mission areas.
- Twenty-five percent or more of time is spent on the supervision of subordinate positions in an environment that is values-based, purpose driven, and relationships-focused.
- Oversees the planning, budgeting, and management information for identifying work force and organizational needs, and unit priorities.
- Clearly communicates decisions and takes care to explain actions in the larger context of our Forest Service mission and purpose.
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning and evolving management approaches based on knowledge gained both from best available science and the relationships with communities, key stakeholders, interagency partners, and the public.
- Serves as a steward for a designated Forest Service area and embodies the agency?s core values in service to the Forest Service mission and completes duties in a way that is trustworthy, caring, respectful, responsive, curious, and inclusive.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Responsible for implementing agency policy, navigating dynamic tensions and complex political, human and social factors, while also addressing the appropriate public use of forests/grasslands and associated lands of the District.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A