Website U.S. Forest Service
Serves as the Forester or Mathematical Statistician responsible for developing, validating, and reviewing mathematical models for forest stand dynamics, training users in the center’s products and providing hotline support.
- Assists other Service Center staff in debugging, verifying, and assuring correct results from Service Center software.
- Provides expert assistance to software users through training, documentation, hotline support, meetings, and symposia.
- Designs, develops, adapts, documents, and tests analytical techniques and computer models, primarily in the area of forest vegetation modeling and forest measurements.
- Duties are at Full Performance Level.
- Works closely with research scientists from Government Agencies, Universities, and Private Industry to develop, validate, and review mathematical models.
- Develops, maintains, and modifies Forest Management Service Center software for use in production applications at all levels of the Forest Service, as well as outside the agency.
- Analyzes and provides solutions for forest management problems and issues related to forest measurements and forest growth and yield.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A