Website U.S. Forest Service
This position is with the Forest Service Procurement and Property Services staff area and serves as the Team Leader for a group of contracting and purchasing staff. The incumbent serves as a contract specialist in the performance of a full range of incident contracting duties.
- Lead the team in assessing its strengths and weaknesses and provides leadership to the team in exploring alternative and determining what improvement can be made.
- Negotiate complex modifications to contracts.
- Serve as contract specialist responsible for all aspects of contracting transactions to include initiation, recommendation, and procurement of complex equipment and services.
- Coordinate a variety of contracts requiring the development of new or modified evaluation criteria, reporting requirements, and contractual arrangements.
- Articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, or problem to be solved.
- Forecast labor and material costs when unknowns are involved, locating or developing sources, developing approaches for procurements lacking precedent, and resolving major differences in the interpretation of the statement of work.
- Must possess current Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level I or II (or DAWIA Level I or II), equivalent.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Procurement Integrity position.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A