Website U.S. Forest Service
The duty location for positions filled through this announcement are not remote and will be located at a Forest Service office.
- Performs administrative and human resources management functions for the unit; provides advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters; and assures full compliance with safety regulations.
- Duties listed below are at the full performance level GS-12.
- Provides outside Agency coordination and cooperation on property boundary matters.
- Develops and provides Forest training in spatial data acquisition, property corner and line maintenance and protection, and the use of new technologies in satellite positioning, photogrammetry, and remote sensing.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Forest Lands Survey Program on multiple Forests, including providing necessary support for related recreation, timber, engineering, lands and other resource staff programs.
- Defends Forest Service interests and/or acts as an expert witness in land survey and real property rights matters in Federal Court.
- Defines the scope of all survey projects, writes instructions and specifications, assigns work to subordinates or contractors, reviews, evaluates, and approves all legal plats, descriptions, and reports that require Land Surveyor certifications.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- A State Land Surveyor registration may be required for the state(s) in which the duties will be performed, unless otherwise noted, will be required within one year of selection.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A