Website U.S. Forest Service
The Resource Assistant examines, processes, and maintains special use authorizations. Provides technical assistance for special uses and the IWEB-Special Use Database System (SUDS).
- Reviews permits and insurance policies to determine if the insurance coverage is adequate and determines if it meets agency requirements and requires additional information if the insurance is inadequate.
- Applies Forest Service rules, regulations, and policy requirements to initiate permit renewals and reissuances.
- Ensures accuracy of all records in IWEB SUDS and other data tracking software. Transfers and disposes of records in accordance with prescribed schedules.
- Once a package has been reviewed, writes the lease/permit, and then enters it into the IWEB SUDS database.
- Answers questions and phone calls from permittees and staff seeking clarification regarding permits, and correspondence.
- Provides support in the area of special-use permits, preparing long-term special use authorizations, including recreation and non-recreation use, and amendments.
- Contacts permittees to request required documents that are needed for permit transfers and renewals, and reviews all submitted documents for completeness.
- Reviews supporting documents and technical information for decision memos, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance, inspections, and operating plans, makes necessary changes, additions, and deletions to meet agency standards.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A