Website U.S. Forest Service
These positions are located on a Forest Service unit, where the incumbent serves as an Archeologist. Responsibilities include inventory, evaluation, and advice on heritage and cultural resource management, including determination of effects of projects on cultural resources and recommended mitigation in Region 3.
- Provide heritage and cultural resource management orientation to personnel on statutes, regulations and purpose of work to be performed.
- Ensure program data for documentation submission including contracts, National Register of Historic Places (HRHP) eligibility criteria and legal documents fulfill requirements.
- Utilize archeological principles, practices, and concepts in order to develop cultural resource programs.
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Design inventory strategies to support land use planning.
- Provide advice on identification of Heritage and Cultural Resources.
- Perform archeological inventory to identify and assess the resources within the area that may be impacted by proposed projects.
- Prepare maps of heritage and cultural resource areas.
- Consult with other Forest Service program areas, state and tribal historic preservation offices, the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation, and other federal, state, and local agencies, and the public.
- Monitor archeological projects to ensure sufficiency of past fieldwork to aid Forest in identification, evaluation, and management of historic properties.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A