Website U.S. Forest Service
This position is located with Minerals and Geology Management (MGM) Staff, National Forest System. The incumbent is responsible for implementing a comprehensive resource programs in the areas of Geologic Resources, Hazards, Groundwater and Surface Management; Leasable Resources; and Locatable/Salable Minerals and Abandoned Mine Lands.
- Provide technical support to the District, Forest, and Regional Offices in the areas of mining, oil and gas development, geothermal operations, and environmental compliance.
- Directs or participates in the development and review of applicable legislation with the Legislative Affairs Staff as well as other staffs.
- Coordinates long-range planning, and survey, and inventory of geologic and mineral resources with other resources and staff function.
- Conducts or participates in training for appropriate agency and out of service personnel to assure their understanding of program development implementation elements.
- Participates in special projects and initiatives and performs special assignments.
- Analyzes problems and other issues to determine the best and most appropriate course of action.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A