Website U.S. Forest Service
These positions are located on a Forest Service unit, where the incumbent serves as a Range Technician. Responsibilities include performing technical work in support of the range function in Region 3.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the operation of hand-held power tools and equipment in order to build, lead others, or inspect the construction and maintenance of range improvement structures.
- Demonstrate knowledge in packing, riding, and caring for livestock and tack to work in remote range land.
- Maintain records of permitted and actual range land use by permittees and documents observations in the course of range land inspections.
- Apply range management techniques, policies and regulations to provide technical support in the administration of range use permits.
- Develop plans to install permanent and pace transects, clipping cages and other instruments for gathering range data.
- Advise management on division of allotments into units to support range management plans.
- Participate in the development of grazing plans and programs by inspecting grazing allotments for forage conditions, distribution, forage production, and condition of range improvements to support range management objectives.
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A