Website U.S. Forest Service
This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management’s Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM’s authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: Direct Hire Authority (opm.gov)
- Provides information to farmers, ranchers and other rural residents on the kind of assistance available from NRCS and other USDA agencies.
- Assists with conducting engineer surveys to design mechanical practices to be utilized in conservation planning.
- Advises landowners on eligibility prerequisites and conditions that must be satisfied to qualify for program acceptance and payments.
- Provides technical support to conservation planners in resource planning by utilizing survey tools and planning software.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A