Website U.S. Marshals Service
The selectee of this position serves as a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems). You will be responsible for serving as the technical authority providing a full range of advisory services, assistance, and policy guidance for HRD information systems.
- Implementing new systems, providing, modifying, and deleting access for systems.
- Serving as the technical authority and systems administrator on Human Resources information management systems to include National Finance Center (NFC) Human Resources Personnel and Payroll Data System, recruitment, front-end personnel action systems, etc.
- Ensuring data integrity and resolving complex and sometimes unique issues related to personnel data within independent systems.
- Providing advice and assistance on the use of data for compiling personnel and statistical reports and preparing personnel action documents.
- Developing information management reports and disseminating data to USMS Headquarters and District offices.
- Creating job aides and training manuals for HR user systems.
- Must pass a pre-employment security investigation and drug screening.
- May be required to successfully complete a trial/probationary period.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust background investigation.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service.
- Qualifying experience for this position is 1.) Using HR systems with experience having administrative rights in Personnel systems; 2.) Providing technical advice and assistance on the operation of various automated systems and reporting tools (i.e. USAStaffing, Cognos, National Finance Center, Insight, EmpowHR, EPIC, WebT&A, etc.); 3.) Designing, developing, modifying and/or implementing complex automated HR data processing solutions related to personnel management programs; and 4.) Providing technical assistance on the human resources automated systems’ procedures and applications.
Company: U.S. Marshals Service (USMS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A